PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Theory
Thread: JAA ATPL Theory
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 11:43
Goldman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bookwork
This is clear and precise; the text is plane and of the right size that’s easy to read this is important as you will be looking at these books for a long, long time. It split into easily manageable chunks of information with important notes in the margins giving you a good indication of the main points of focus. It has a liberal helping of diagrams to help you build a mental picture of that particular point.
The DVD
This is used alongside the bookwork and also has the advantage of progress tests along the way to insure that you’ve understood the points in question and to help clarify where you’ve misunderstood or still need more guidance. This also comes with some instructional video presentations on things like Gyroscopic principles, CRP 5, Auto land, FMS etc (I’m Finding that Really helpful).
They also have an active forum, that when you don’t understand and need further guidance of asking a question of one of the tutors the helps never more than a few clicks away.
When you think your approaching the end of your course they also have an extensive question bank to test yourself on.
I’m very happy with my choice but talk to a few people that have walked the road at other places, don’t jump in and make a quick decision it’s a lot of work when you’re happy in it. It’s a massive laborious task that you’ll hate if your not!