PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bankruptcy - Does it affect employment?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 10:19
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 158 Likes on 60 Posts
Calm down dear, its just bankruptcy.

Whether or not I think its a good idea or not I see no reason not to talk about it amongst Wannabes. It is happening. It was predicted to happen. It does work. It is a Wannabe issue. Wannabes who are unaware risk being out-spent in the war of training expenditure.

I paid for all my training bar a bit that the dear old RAF funded. I borrowed money. I paid it back. I've had several mortgages and paid them back. I'm law abiding, I give to charity, I'm slightly to the right of Norman Tebbit. But I have every sympathy for a Wannabe who now finds that it costs a CPL/IR Frzn ATPL MCC + Boing/Bus Type Rating + temporary contract to get a foot on the ladder. I have every sympathy for the Wannabe who found the banks and the schools falling over themselves to arrange £80k+ to be loaned to them based on an assumption of employment that was recklessly optimisitic.

For a bankruptcy court judge his easiest part of the day is extending protection to the 23yr old who owes £80k to HSBC and has nought to his name other than a crappy blue plastic license from the CAA. So much more clear cut and simple than the usual court appearance where some dozy bint ran up £40k on her 5 credit cards and fell behind with the Northern Rock mortgage and the payments on her Mini/iPhone/Store Card.

Thanks for the concerns about legal issues but there are none.

Wannabes are going bankrupt at an ever increasing pace. Some have planned to from the beginning. It is illegal but it is quite logical, practical and it gains them massive advantage.

Telling people that is something I think is right. Clearly you don't.