PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 09:56
Pat42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wondered this myself.. but as I remember I think there was only one answer the aircraft could actually make in each of these questions anyway, so it wasn't an important point. Did make the questions a bit pointless as you could just pick the lowest number and didn't really need to bother working the answer out properly (though I chose to work it out properly anyway, just in case ).

Think there were one or two questions regarding head/tail winds. These were fairly simple, something along the lines of "aircraft is flying at an airspeed of xxx mph with a tail wind of yyy mph, what is its ground speed?" in which case you just add x and y. If it were a head wind you take y from x etc. TBH, none of this is particularly hard, as long as you are clear on the meaning of a head wind or a tail wind it isn't something you need to practice. The main challenge in stage 1 isn't so much the difficulty of the questions (with the possible exception of the cube questions if you struggle with these) but the speed and pressure under which you have to answer them.

Good luck