PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 00:45
cac_sabre

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
P2-CBT

It seems CBT is known to many (BT might be bush twokina?)
In 79-82 CBT was with Morobe Airways at Lae. They had another Islander P2-NAM, the word Namasu rings a bell but I cant remember the connection. NAM was a yellow colour until about 81 they painted it the same colour/s as CBT. I think Morobe Airways also had an obligatory C-206 but for the life of me I have no recollection of its identity (if indeed it existed!)

Speaking personalities there were a few pilots and airframes up there who were not associated with any airlines. One of these pilots (of the female persuasion... Captain Nipples) used to strike terror in this ATC's heart with her complete inability to follow any ATC instruction flying a blue and yellow Baron. Another was the Barclays Baron piloted by ... I only remember his nickname "cockinhand", I recall his many and varied IFR holding procedures on the Nadzab VOR presumably whilst climbing to get above cloud.

Jeez I used to hate those crappy rainy no vis days where you'd have aircraft that had been up around Derim Ogeranang etc being unable to return via the 20 mile or Landslide gaps, flying on the North coast until almost at Madang then heading south to the Markham valley hoping to get visual west of Leron Plains then scud dodge to land at Nadzab until the curtain lifted in the afternoon. Ii remember one pilot (in CBT) was trapped at Kisingem or some strip near there ?Wontoat? for about 3 days waiting for the weather to clear. He did not develop a taste for tinpis na ris.