PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetBird moves closer to air taxi launch
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2009, 00:28
Daifly

Let's look at the evidence. Everyone's saying around 45-50% reduction in business, most commonly at the entry level jet end of the business. Ask any operator in the UK or Europe and they'll report the same (well, after they've told you that it's the best time ever of course as we're always terribly positive!) Look at the aircraft that Netjets have parked up at the moment, it's mainly the entry level; look at the aircraft that aren't flying in Europe, it's mainly the entry level. There is a massive theme here.

Whilst there might well be finance behind it, if there aren't any punters it's not a great investment is it.

I know that this is PPRuNe and it's all about the "PP"'s so you want to be positive in a market where jobs aren't readily available, but at the same time, you have to inject just a little bit of realism into the world. I guess if I was unemployed then a job on a Phenom is as perfect as any, but would I leave a job to join them? No, because ultimately unless there's some amazing scheme or untapped market out there which none of us have identified (bearing in mind that the vast majority of quarter-sharers are in, or directly related to, the financial industry which, whilst still paying massive bonuses, are paying them now to a lot less people) then I don't see, believe or understand how it can work.

Maybe I'm being negative and this is why I'll never make billions of dollars, but I'm just concious that, like JR, someone will always end up getting stung and that's not fair, paints the market in a bad light and makes us all look like Walter Mitty amateurs.

You can all laugh at me when they make their first million