PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Down Near Blackpool 22nd Sept 09
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 22:58
craigahunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve Lewis was a great instructor

Im upset today to hear this devastating news, my thoughts are with friends and family. I have been training with steve for a year, and he was an absolute delight to fly with. He had a great sense of humour and we probably spent alot of time laughing on our flights, he made every lesson interesting and fun. Ive flown in that very helicopter nearly 30 times with steve recently and its always been a pleasure. I will miss a good instructor.

What happened yet no one knows and its hard to accept, as it could have been any one of us sat by his side at this terrible moment who were currently training with him. If anyone could publish details at any point (obviously with his families consent) for where flowers or cards may be sent I would be grateful (if this information is know by anyone).

Anyway steve, i wont give up as I know you would'nt want me to and i'll do my best to pass, but shouldn't be a problem with a great teacher like you, just wont be the same as im not used to flying without listening to bad jokes. good night god bless mate.

My sympathies go out to both families.