PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL Theory
Thread: JAA ATPL Theory
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 21:16
SweetChariotXV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Terry,

I think it all comes down to personal preference. Also influencing factors such as your location, your age, what would be most convenient for you etc.

I can only really speak of BCFT for ATPL ground school, as thats where I have studied. I will say though, when I did my research, I looked around at a couple of other schools (modular);
* Cabair - Seemed ok, though not for me. If you are early 20's and have always yearned to wear a pilots uniform and Raybans, this place is for you.
* Oxford (groundschool) - Has the name, but at the end of the day, you are paying alot more for just that. Otherwise offers just the same as the other schools. In fact from what I hear from friends who have been there, the modular don't get the same treatment as their lucrative integrated students.
* BCFT - Is a good school. Good instructors, nice relaxed atmosphere, the instructors do their best to put you in a position to not only pass your exams, but have a good foundation of the subjects.

I can't comment on anywhere else, as I have no personal experience of these other places. I ended up opting for BCFT in the end as they gave me the best feel of the place, and in hindsight, I made the right choice.

Whichever place you choose, I can't emphasise enough to go and pay a visit to the schools you're looking at. When you gonna spend 6 months there in groundschool (trust me its a long 6 months), you really want to be sure you will be comfortable there.

In any case best of luck.