PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oversize passengers - neighbours rights?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 21:10
Abusing_the_sky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why not have the overweight (if that is the PC term) pax present a medical certificate (should it be the case) to the check-in/gate staff stating their illness (which clearly causes the overweight issue hence they would be entitled to extra "space" in the a/c).
If no medical certificate is being showed to the check-in/gate staff, then a very diplomatic suggestion of purchasing another seat (ticket) and explanation for the reason behind it might help; if that fails, there is always the suggestion "your arms and legs can travel, but your belly won't unless you check it in and pay extra for it";
Failing that, after the "overweight" pax finishes threatening you and your airline with taking you to court, you could always reply "oh yeah, well you should sue McDonald's first cause they fcuked you up"!

Joke aside, i think we should adopt the American "way of doing things", that being "charge them for being fatties!" Too right! Unless it's a medical condition (which they can't help), pay up or get off! Why should CC as well as SLF have to put up with your "out of order, don't care" obesity? If you are not able to look after your weight, surely you cannot be in any aircraft!

Yes, it sounds horrible coming from a CC, i know. Reality check!!
But tell me why, please do explain, why should we put up with other people's indifference? How many times before i was securing the cabin and "the" pax, sitting in an emergency exit row, is asking for an extension seat belt.
"I'm terribly sorry, but if you do require an extension seat belt i'm afraid you can't be seated in an emergency exit row"
Shout, roll eyes, puff, shout some more, swear perhaps, roll eyes...
It's not my fault you are in this state!

And come service, you will ask for a pizza, Pringles, a "lager love" and after that a DIET COKE. Are you joking me??!??

So, my advice to you "overweight" pax is take some of that money you won after taking McDonald's to court and invest it in some time spent at the gym, hire a personal trainer, buy a Fitness Board for the wii, anything that'll help you lose weight healthily, ditch the fat foods and start looking after yourself! After all, you only live once...

Before you jump on my throat, i am a healthy 8 and a half st, 5ft 5" height and proud of it. I'm no Miss Universe, but i am happy with my body.
Takes a lot of self control and self RESPECT to keep it that way so i suggest you do the same. Or PAY FOR THE EXTRA SEAT

Regards in an extension belt,
ATS