PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Down Near Blackpool 22nd Sept 09
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 20:44
northernher0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unfortunately i believe steve was sel on here.

to paddy, some of us don't instruct as an apprenticeship but because we want to, and steve was very much in that camp, he was an experienced and professional aviator with several thousand hours mainly in the 3 bird, and i'm certain he fought the bl00dy thing all the way to the ground doing whatever he could to deal with whatever happened. we'll leave that up to the aaib to find

he was a truly great person who will be missed by anyone who met him in whatever capacity.
i had the luck of calling him a friend as well as the honour of working with him.
also, in the past we flew together doing some of his type ratings

he was always a professional, could always get his subject across to his students and could put anyone at ease within seconds of meeting him

he really loved the job and literally breathed helicopters and was always looking to make things happen better

i will miss the jokes appearing in my inbox and our conversations about bad 80's tv and will never again be able to assign 'his' ringtone in my phone

i didn't know his student but wish his family and of course steve's all the best in thier time of sorrow

r.i.p steve, we all will miss you