PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oversize passengers - neighbours rights?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 13:03
lowcostdolly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F3G I just love you.....I knew you would have a personal reply to my post

I think I have answered your question in my post did I not? I would deal with the situation as diplomatically and sensitively as possible within the resources I have at the time and that does include time as well as seats.....as you know an SCCM at EZY then you will be fully aware OTP is an absolute priority after safety.

As a last resort I would consult the Captain if I could not resolve the problem myself within these very limited resources...in other words I would pass the buck to the person in actual command of that hypothetical flight and he/she would then make the decision as to whom is offloaded if necessary. That decision would be based on whom is seen as the problem from an operational point of view. Basically that would probably be the person who is refusing to sit down and fasten their seatbelt at this time. The SCCM would be able to advise on this

I know that seems harsh but in that situation I, and the Captain, will deal with the situation at the time.....other people in my company are paid to deal with the ongoing problems which may result in that decision. I think Bealzebub made that clear and I don't even know if he/she works for us.

What the company do in terms of service recovery after this point is not my problem......my flight will have departed on time to the satisfaction of the majority on board and my managers.

Sorry if that was not the response you wanted.