PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Work for free at CX anyone?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 12:05
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coincidentally and more importantly, isn't it strange how the Anonymous Bottom-Feeders are never able to see anything good in what the company tries to do?
Wrong. We see the improvement of the training as good, but we see the company's attempt at getting work from us for free as bad. The truth of the matter is that improving the training in CPA will bring it in line with the real airlines out there. This improvement will cost money, but it will also save Cathay millions in the long run. If they don't want to spend money to save more in the long run, then that is their problem.

Coincidentally, you are one of these anonymous bottom feeders you refer to in your post.

Fortunately, the majority of us are quite happy to jump at the chance to get in a sim have a little training for nothing in return, except our own professional eductaion.
I think you might want to consider yourself in the minority for this one. Just because you are willing to sell your services cheap does not mean that I or anyone else in this forum does too.

I have no problem providing my services to Cathay but they need to properly roster me for this "extra duty" and they need to count it towards my monthly work load.

The company fights us over every penny, I can't see why we should treat them any different. I don't go to Cathay City on my days off just like you won't find any managers there on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.

Very simple really. Go sell yourself cheap somewhere else.