PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Standard Operating Procedures
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 09:46
gigi116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The lack of proper documentation is one of the biggest problems that affect flight operations with small airplane/operators. Thus in normal and non-normal operations.

Small / medium airplanes have no FCOM / SOP issued by manufacturers , just AFM and POH and the check lists issued are just a small format copies of AFM.

This documentation has no consideration for local regulation requirements and "human factors priciples" for its use by pilots as it is intended as a "certification" and legal documentation.

Small operators have no resources / authority to issue own procedures/check list and Local Authority consider the manufacturer documentation as the "official one " to be followed.

So my Autority requires to me the use such "official" documentation (hawker 800XP) whereas :

-The AFM require a mandatory check, but gives no indications on "HOW" to accomplish it (expanded procedures are missing from AFM).

-The pubblished "normal check list" is not a "real check list" but is a mixing of checks , and procedures, note and warnings in a sequence inapplicable with the "done list " concept.

-The pubblished and approved "emergency check list" is missing of critical procedures as : pax evacuation, ditching and forced landing.

Manufacturer say that the local Authority must approve SOP and emergency Procedures , the Authority says the opposite.

Due to the lack of manufacturer informations each training organization (FSI and CAE) have developed their procedures which are different.

My Company has followed CAA -UK cap 676 raccomandations and issued SOPs and, regardless of any burocratic and formal requirements, has urgently issued some "appendix" to the manufacturer check list for the missing procedures.