PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SNCO Aircrew
Thread: SNCO Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 07:17
Pure Pursuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps, as the F3 fleet stands down gracefully in the not too distant future, there will be more Navs coming through the ABM route. I have not experienced any negatives with this arrangement in the past, infact, the last ex F3 mate I worked with has recently migrated to the E3 & will be missed on the ground. An encyclopedia of knowledge about missiles, tactics, late nights out in Vegas and a bloody good bloke to boot!

Not sure about AEOps coming through to work on the jet as WCs. The last one I remember coming through did very well for himself however, he was not streamed into the controller side of the house. In fairness, his knowledge of data links, radars etc probably made him an outstanding candidate for the secondary, sorry surveillance stream.

As for Beags suggesting that NCO Aircrew are mostly wannabe zobs, I would argue that I have not met a wokka crewman who is not bloody proud of what he does (quite rightly so) and does not suffer from envy, jealousy or cravings to be saluted! Would many of them want to swap jobs & pilot VC10s... I doubt it!