PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2009, 06:39
anna_list

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The next round of bases?

Hi,

Thanks, although I'm not sure whether to be pleased by the predictive powers of PPRuNe or disturbed to find out how Ryanair now seem to do their route planning...;-)

There are rumours from Spain suggesting that there could be a number of new bases announced there over the next couple of months, with the bases to start in the Spring.

The airports mentioned include Seville (SVQ), Malaga (AGP) and Palma (PMI). More creatively, Zaragoza (ZAZ) may get 2 aircraft this winter, according to this article:
Ryanair estrenará este invierno la base de operaciones de Zaragoza - Aragón - www.elperiodicodearagon.com

Another one to watch is Beauvais where they have recently upgraded the ILS and if I remember correctly, the apron has been expanded too. I suspect that the French authorities probably haven't spent this amount of money just for fun. If so, the long wait for Beauvais to become a base may be nearing its end. It's worth noting that with well over 20 per day, BVA will be in Ryanair's top 10 airports this winter in terms of the number of daily departures (if I've got my sums right). Recently, the airport has been a prime candidate for picking up routes to new bases and new 'W' patterns (e.g. BRI, BTS, TRF, CAG, TPS, AHO, BLQ all this year).

Last edited by anna_list; 23rd Sep 2009 at 07:17.