PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 22:17
Ronand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I didn't say it's good to leave a gap in your CV, but I for example did a modular course while going to uni (just didn't do many exams in that period), so I just put Uni for that time. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the Job with just leaving the Pilot stuff away The problem is, there aren't even many regular jobs these days.... I must admit I really feel for those who finished their training with the banks money and have 40k plus debts and are standing there with completely empty hands now.... While they are in training a lot of guys are thinking:" I'll be fine, I'll go to Africa or middle east and fly some propeller planes for the beginning...." But thats just not realistic. I sent more than 150 CVS to Propeller and Turboprob Operators worldwide (Had all first time passes and 95% average on the ATPL exams). Didn't get a single Interview. I even called a lot of operators in Africa.... My mate travelled to Africa looking for bush pilot jobs and returned with empty hands. The problem is, most of the small prop charters are single pilot and they require Pilots with 1000 hours or more.... And don't forget that the economy is down there aswell! If u have contacts that might be a diffrent story.....