PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Shame
Thread: Qantas Shame
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 21:56
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no problem with this. Passengers are free to choose if they wish to fly an airline with a 1 to 36 ratio or a 1:50 ratio. If an individual thinks this is unacceptable they are free to choose not to fly with QF.
Do you have a problem with people not wearing seat belts,driving at excessive speed or not being told about the dangers of smoking...because if there were no regulators checking things in life, people would be free to do anything they want without understanding they are being taken for a ride and suffer the consequences.

There are people in this world in positions of authority who will do want ever they want.If there were no checks being made and regulations enforced people who have no idea of the consequences would be at risk....
Most economic fallacies derive - from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another
As true today as the day he said it. If you are an employee and don't own the company you have no business questioning the pay of other employees. If you are a shareholder and don't like this then you have a mechanism in place already to take up this issue.
Let me see if I understand you ElPerro...

Money gained is somehow derived from thin air and therefore has no impact on anyone else....Do you think that money is taken from a bottomless pit and that it has no impact at all on others....

Tell that to families who have a member with a gambling addiction...

Looking into your strategy of 100% freedom reminds me of Wall Street when started.... Ahh yes...Wall Street.....the leading example of market forces and the way things ought to be run....

Now can you explain to us the exact cause of the current GFC,where it started and how a number of CEO's and board members seem to think they are a law unto themselves...

Now of course if something is wrong ElPerro tells us ......

No need to do anything about it....Don't worry or complain...just resign.Let others get caught and look the other way.

Brilliant..........

I'm not mentioning any specific person or entity but if there were no regulatory bodies and people were free to do anything they want we would have a GFC every 5 years or perhaps permantly.

Even now after what has happened some CEO's and boards in the US and around the world still carry on as if nothing has happened and what they do will have no impact on anyone else....