PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice after finishing training - what do I do next (Merged)
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 20:56
Ronand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reality is that we have spent huge amounts of cash, for a paper that is worth basically nothing in the aviation industry! At least I didn't make any depts.... And if u think u can get a job as a cargo pilot somewhere in Africa or Asia like I did, u will soon wake up!! Without Hours and Typerating or good contacts your chances are basically ZERO.....
The only thing I noticed Jobhunting (Not even Aviation jobs) is that it is actually a disadvantage having a Frozen ATPL, if u are looking for regular jobs.
I was at an interview for a job as chauffeur for an Itallian diplomat (I'm Itillain too) (Really good pay and very few hours, probably better than a F/O job these days). Guess what they said:" You really fit into the profile, and we would have liked to offer you the job, but we don't know if we can count on you if u get a joboffer from an ariline. Therefore we decided to hire someone else...."
Now I have 2 diffrent CV's one for regular jobs and one for Aviation jobs... And still Jobless!!