PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 18:08
JNH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further query on age...

Good evening all,

I haven't posted here or actually viewed this thread for sometime now as I am just over the upper age limit for Pilot entry.....or so I thought!!

My personal life and academic path resulted in me graduating university at just above the previous age limit last year and I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be given some special acceptance unless I were absolutely perfect in all required criteria, which I'm sure I'm not. Clearly from the recent posts and then confirming for myself via the RAF Careers site, the age limit has really been increased to 25!? Recently I have decided to return to the career path of my degree and have made a late application to study an MSc from this October which I have just received acceptance for....however finding out what I have leaves nagging doubt about whether this could be a second chance I'm sure I'm not the only one!

My actual questions are (apologies if I haven't read back far enough),

1) Why the age increase??

2) Is the limit like the previous in that the exact limit is 25 years 11 months and 29 days on entry to IOT??

Apologies for the essay and thanks all for your time.