PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Humour (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 18:00
Scrotchidson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About to re-take!

Hey guys, been reading through all the pages for information.

Last year I applied and past the 1st, 2nd stage and then tooked the 3rd stage and didn't make it through. I was disappointed but after doing my research I realised that you can take light from it and realise many ATC's fail the first time around so I can re-apply in 12 months with experience. I did phone and e-mail NATS for feedback on my Stage 3 assessment and I heard nothing back which was disappointing. I kinda knew where I went wrong anyway's but you'd expect NATS to give out feedback.

I am going to re-apply very soon but I was wondering if I could get a bit of help from anyone which would be much appreciated.

1.) Where's the best place to arrange a tower visit and has anyone done it recently where they can give me any contact numbers etc. (this is one thing I didn't do on my first time around)

2.) Can anyone give any information about what's life is like as a student at the college and their job as a ATC where its area or aerdrome, pros and cons (had information before but new opinions and experiences are very useful)

Thank you very much,

Scott