PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oversize passengers - neighbours rights?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 16:28
Final 3 Greens

What people are seeking here is some clarity around the definition of what is a 'economy seat'

If someone who is enormous gets into a seat and then de facto splills over into the next seat, is this reasonable?

If the airline asks a pax to sit in a seat where the neighbour is spilling over the armrest or has even lifted it up, is this acceptable?

Some months ago, I got shouted down on a thread by self righteous bigots, when I suggested that everyone could pay a small levy to provide a spare seat so that this problem would not affect anyone, in the same way everyone pays the wheelchair levy on Ryanair.

Amazingly enough, I was hammered even though I usually fly business class and I was prepared to pay the levy with no direct benefit to me.

Well, as ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Beazelbub has told you how it is going to be, you pay for your seat, if you encounter a behemoth, you accept the remedy available or you are offloaded.

It seems reasonable from where I am sitting. If you can't or won't afford a premium seat or buying an empty seat, then you have chosen your own predicament.

lowcostdolly - person of size 12-14???? Norma Jean was size 16.