PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oversize passengers - neighbours rights?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 14:51
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another "sloping" of four barred shoulders. The CC will resolve the situation and thatīs fine by me. SLF, just button it or suffer the consequences
Yes well, that may be your opinion, but the point of managing a team of competent, sensible and able people, is that you do so in a capacity that enables and assists them in carrying out their tasks in accordance with their own expertise and personality. There is precious little point in managing if you are simply required to carry out each individual team members task. Obviously that doesn't prevent me from being called upon to make a decision, assisting or consulting, or on rare occaisions overruling something.

I think I have tried at some length to point out that we are looking for the common sense, compromise approach. The scenarios being presented are obviously marginal hypothesis and unlikely to frequently arise. Nevertheless just like Judges, Juries, democracies, tribunerals, publicans rights, ships and aircraft captains authority, etc.etc. It is an imperfect and often flawed system, but one that we have made and therefore have to live with.