PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 10:39
tallinnman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Community Minded

The 737's are the 'noisiest' but maybe this is because there is no need for them to be coming in and out of the city. There would appear to be a more suitable stretch of tarmac for the type - both aircraft and passengers out in the countryside.

The growth of city was seen by many local residents as in the best interest of NI plc. City Centre airport with city centre service for business flights.

Not £1 specials with the requirement to queue 40 minutes to drop your bags off before a further 30 minute queue to go through security and then be called for your flight to queue another 20 minutes before boarding.

If as a passenger you're prepared to put up with this then I think, albeit as a resident, that you should be prepared to travel the extra 20 miles to the tarmac in the countryside because its become really crap to live close to the airport since the arrival of the tractors.

In fact I hear the bus service to Dublin Airport is excellent and time wise might even be quicker!!

If MOL has a problem with the other airports then that is his problem.

If however the decision makers decide that the runway can be extended but only if all operators must provide a 20 minute check in like a proper city centre airport should, that indicates that the location of the airport is what attracts them, then it will become my problem.