PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Shame
Thread: Qantas Shame
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2009, 10:04
ElPerro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no problem with this. Passengers are free to choose if they wish to fly an airline with a 1 to 36 ratio or a 1:50 ratio. If an individual thinks this is unacceptable they are free to choose not to fly with QF.

As for the drift into Geoff Dixon's payout.

Originally Posted by Milton Friedman
Most economic fallacies derive - from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another
As true today as the day he said it. If you are an employee and don't own the company you have no business questioning the pay of other employees. If you are a shareholder and don't like this then you have a mechanism in place already to take up this issue.

That’s $100k that has always gone to QF, previously without hesitation. The fact that I am now willing to forgo my QF Platinum privileges
That's exactly right. You are free to choose. That is how economic freedom works.

Originally Posted by Shlonghaul
And at the same time Darth was RUINING the worlds 10th largest airline
You are free to choose to work elsewhere. If you are still working for QANTAS whilst you think that someone who the owners paid to run it is ruining it then it begs the question why you didn't move on. Assuming you work for QANTAS then your actions indicate that you don't believe he was in the process of ruining the airline. If you actually believed that why did you continue to work for QF when you thought it was being dragged out of business?