PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New secrets in the Boeing 737-800 Cockpit
Old 21st Sep 2009, 23:50
Capt Chambo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Old Smokey.

I confess I didn't know about the TEST>OFF trick to be able to listen to the radio hands free and I have been on the 737 for more than 20 years, my only excuse M'lord is that I have the advantage of ACARS so rarely listen to VOLMETS or ATIS's.

As creating waypoints has been discussed, here are a couple of little tricks you might care to use.
- 1) Before going through the process of creating a WPT, Set your ND to PLAN, centre it on the area you want to create a WPT, wind your ND range down to 40nm, press the WPT switch, which will now display the existing WPTs in the area. If one already exists just use it.
- 2) If the above doesn't work and you think you might need a WPT create one, remember it's name, you can now use or delete as necessary. It will remain in the TEMP NAV DATABASE for the duration of the flight, and should it transpire that you could use it apply the first procedure!

Not sure of your destinations runway elevation? FMC>DES page>VNAV PATH>E/D ALT should be 50' above Airfield elevation. OR use the SPEED DES option where the E/D alt is 1000' above airfield elevation.

in all of the cockpit, the word "Boeing" only appears in three place. See if you can find all three on the next few sectors!
The word BOEING appears on the Capt's DV window handle, I don't know where the other two are