PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Jobs Anywhere?!
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2009, 21:41
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phantasm,

I hope you will excuse me for daring to also impune your reputation or compromise your integrity, but on the 29th of January this year you posted that:
Phantasm

Hello chaps,

Here's a quick one then - if you don't plan on or have no involvement in hourbuilding in the States, then there is not much to be gained from reading this. On the other hand, if you are considering heading out to Chandler (or nearby, suggestions most welcome) mid-2009, then please do have a read.

What with one thing and another, I find myself in the position of requiring approximately one hundred hours of P1 time. As I shall be taking my CPL in Phoenix, and having heard 'mostly' good things, the provisional itinerary includes a month or so beforehand spent operating out of Chandler Municipal making lots of holes in the gin clear Arizona skies (and possibly beyond!).

Now, whilst I have no problems with travelling light and alone - it would be much more enjoyable should I have a companion to travel out and plan with, all the better if this person is also soon to take their CPL. As mentioned, I plan on one hundred hours over about a month, so somebody who is looking for a 'similar pace' would be a bonus!

Anybody interested please drop me a PM!

Over to you PPRuNe...
Now forgive the emphasis, but if you needed 100 hours P1 to complete your CPL 8 months ago, I am mildly curious how you are now a 747-400 skipper (according to your profile) with:
16,000 hours, 7,000 of which are PIC on heavy category worldwide, to include over 2,000 hours as an instructor amongst various other jobs including A321/A330 based out of Luton/Manchester respectively in a former life.

It may rub off on the less 'astute' of us, but don't try it on me sunshine, I've been in this industry since before you were born.
I am not a wizz at maths, but it does occur to me that since January there have only been some 5,800 hours or so in existence, so even on the assumption that you somehow flew every single one of them, night and day around the clock, you would still have some 13 months of similarly astonishing flying to go before you reached your declared levels of experience?

As you now have some of these nice people apologizing for their supposed audacity, it does seem to me that (and I hope you will excuse the plagarism,) this may rub off on the less astute of us, but don't try it on me sunshine.

Then I notice the following day 30th January 2009, you wrote:
I'm just about to take my first phase of exams with Oxford - I am a modular student, 20 years old (do keep reading, I'm not a sheep I assure you!), having chosen to train with them as I live close geographically and have always been familiar with their course. I am a basic PPL holder with 120 hours, no mod cons on my licence as of yet, however I am as yet undecided as to whether I shall train for my night qualification in the UK or AZ. That is among the questions I shall be asking the FTO out there. I have 50 hours P1 time, hence my requirement for 100 hours to bring me into the 'training envelope' for the CPL. I'm going to put my training on standby after the CPL, as I have a few options here in the UK involving VFR commercial ops. Like many I aspire to the RHS, but I fell in love with aviation through GA, and therefore, coupled with the world's money going tits up, I feel I'd being doing myself an injustice if I didn't give as much back as I can. And hey, it's great flying
To which I would add, I really have been in this industry since before you were born!

Is there some other explanation for your rather bizzare claims?
Didn't you pull a similar stunt recently in this thread?

Readers would be wise to read the big red warning at the bottom of this page!