PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2009, 20:40
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would seem sensible for RE to go for two daily Monday-Friday on Cork Edinburgh and one on Saturday and one on Sunday or alternatively how about a mix with Cork - Glasgow (GLA) on Friday, Sat & Sunday for Glasgow Celtic supporters and omitting the potential Saturday flight to Edinburgh?

I failed to check it out yesterday for myself but it is kind of funny if true. I am told that the only red and white flag flying at Cork Airport yesterday in support of the Cork Gaelic football team which was playing in the national final at Croke Park, Dublin, was a Swiss one flying from the Fire Station which is conveniently well away from the passenger terminal! When I heard the story last night it cracked me up! Wonder why the new terminal is so bereft of national symbols like the tricolour? The only one that I know of is one flying atop the old terminal. You know, there seems to be a lack of pride by Cork people with it's new terminal and as for that silly hedge at the Airport Roundabout! You might think it would be a good idea to put up a nice bright coloured stone marbled block instead saying something like Welcome to Cork Airport - you local airport on your doorstep!

A great pity that the Cork football team were beaten in yesterday's final. The city and county could have done with a win. At least, though, the Cork football team keep trying and trying. Wonder can the same be said for the Cork Airport Authority or are they just the whipping boys of the Dublin Airport Authority? Heard that there are loads of new airbridges fitted to the new terminal in Dublin. Can someone post a photo, please? We might be able to tie in some comment on the matter for our collective amusement!