PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin's Airline of the Future project
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2009, 12:19
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No wind in the sail

VB`s supposed future model is unsustainable.No carrier has or will pull off a mid service carrier. You are either LCC or a Top End Provider.
Godfrey changes his mind like he changes facial hair styles. He wanted initially just an LCC, then a middle of the range carrier, then an ultra LCC, whats next ?
He has ridden the airline from a roughly $2.60 launch down to $0.28, and currently around $0.38. Pathetic management and leadership, yet the loyalists and foolish investors who are blinded by his rants of 'fairness and goodwill to all' keep allowing him to exist ?
Well at least The Board have a brain, they have recently overseen the exit of a couple of useless Seniors at VB, and a few months ago gave Godfrey the ultimatum - 12 months and your out. Thats right, it wasnt his decision, its just that his ego is so huge that he wont leave the mess he has created, keeps hanging on trying to fix the unfixable to save face.A few weeks back The Board gave him til Xmas to go, cut back his time because of the damage and financial mess that he is causing mounts up by the day. But of course this will be denied, and naturally an announcement of some sort to say he is 'leaving to pursue other dreams or goals' will be next. Spin Spin Spin.
VB as it stands cannot compete with JQ`s minimal staff and structure on the LCC front, full stop. And although QF has itself become a joke, it is still a better performer when it comes to premium service than VB`s half hearted attempt. The longer VB straddles the fence between services, the more money they will continue to lose my friends.
Wake up staff, wake up public, your being fooled.