PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft down near Andover
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2009, 10:20
Daifly

Like, I imagine, most people who fly in Hampshire, I logged in looking for a type rather than names at this stage.

I was, of course, expecting to find the usual moral debate on information release that invariably goes with this type of thread on PPRuNe and so I find myself unsatisfied on one part and satisfied on the other.

I'm not going to speculate given that all the eyewitness reports (from the cows...) are contradictory (high speed, low and slow etc) but if it's an Ercoupe don't forget that it's "unspinnable" (well, that's what the designers said anyway).

Have to agree with the general feeling that a) I don't want the press to quote PPRuNe "fact" (it's lazy journalism given it's the opinions of everyone from Air Accident investigators through to Flight Sim First Officers...) but they will regardless of whether we want them to or not and b) this is a rumour site and it's therefore not really somewhere family members should be directed towards to view conciliatory messages within the first hour, it's going to have "rumour" in it some of which won't be nice. Therefore, please stop stressing about the rights and wrongs - AAIB/Police are very good at managing these events (sadly much experience) and families get informed as soon as possible.

It is perhaps interesting that the one person on here who does appear to know all the information made PPRuNe almost their first stop last evening, so even they want to enter the debate and gain some further insight - it's a horrible situation and thankfully the last time I was in it was pre-PPRuNe and so this debate was conducted on a smaller scale in the hangar.