PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Pushing SMS will send the industry broke
Old 21st Sep 2009, 09:55
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fury and Flying Spike,and no Dick !

I agree entirely with 'Fury' and 'Spike' here .

I am not a CASA advocate, but they actually have their 'ducks in a row' on the website. Quite obviously myself, Fury and Spike are persons who have a background in Safety Systems and understand it in the full context of costs, benefits and what is actually involved with an SMS. Those who bag it quite simply dont understand it, and those who think it will send industry broke not only dont understand it, but are naieve and out of their league to pass comment on it. I have personal experience with SMS within the Oil and Gas Industry, plus SMS also exists in onshore Petroleum and the Mining Industry, its actually been around for 'eons'.

Again, I respect every persons right to make comments, hey, thats what these forums are for, but the fact is that SMS creates a safer working environment, it creates a cost reduced environment for an operator due to the increases they gain in safety awareness, documentation, reporting, analysis and investigations which all lead to less incidents or accidents.

As for Dick, you may be a small business guru who has made a healthy living, and good for you, but equally, I am an SMS guru who has saved companies a hell of a lot of money by helping them to adopt, implement and effectively manage SMS in to their organisations framework.

I can assure all those operators who dont understand SMS or fear those three letters dont be afraid of the unknown, SMS works and will work for you !!

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 21st Sep 2009 at 11:52. Reason: Poor Spelling, again.