PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A sting in the tail with $49 Tiger Flight
Old 21st Sep 2009, 07:02
Howabout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bogdan, one of my favourite characters out of the radio of old, although somewhat dim in the memory. Orphan boy, I think, adopted and raised by Bulgarian turnips. Sort of a Soviet-block Tarzan.

As regards (relatively) cheap air travel, I have not been able to fault DJ. And that's over a significant number of flights in the past 4 yrs. I used to fly Ansett and still would if they existed. Defaulted to QANTAS but, after they lost my bags three times on the trot on the same sector (eventually recovered - to be fair), I thought bugger this and tried VB. No complaints at all.

I will now only fly QANTAS if there is no alternative; wouldn't touch Jet with a barge pole - never have, never will. I've found a product that, while it's a compromise when compared with Ansett, delivers pretty good service for the dollars shelled out. It's a balance - I don't expect the earth (Ansett), but get reasonable value for the dollars spent. I really can't ask for more.

Maybe that's the problem with Tiger - I don't know, as I've never flown with them. If it's too cheap to be true, then maybe it is too cheap to be true.