PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN
Thread: DUBLIN
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2009, 10:02
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There again, another reason where they got it very wrong; there wasn't an awful lot that needed to be done to make it a very good product (and it's not as if EK's - for all their hype - are the world's greatest); a little consistency and better IFE and they'd have had a much better product, yet even for what was arguably the most important new route development in their recent history, they couldn't do that ... basically gave the market away to EY.

Anyway, that's a discussion for the EI thread, so I just want to refocus on DUB's long haul potential, such as it is; good to see EY growing anyway, but what other growth opportunities are there? I'm wondering what changes, if any, the DAA would need to put into place to make DUB more attractive to long haul low cost operators like Air Asia X and Jetstar?

It seems to me that long haul low cost is the wave of the future and the DAA needs to incentivise the development of this kind of operation at DUB; the less spent on travel to a destination, the more available to spend there; our proximity to the US, combined with Open Skies and the various US agencies (Immigration/Customs pre-clearance) available here, should make Ireland much more attractive to visit, but the mere existence of these doesn't make it so; we need to be aggressive in pushing it.