PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Muscat Muscateers
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2009, 05:47
lortnocatuo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muscat Shift Cycle

Vector361

Yes it is a 10 day Calendar rotation. Option B is correct.
As Fox3 said, rotation is; M,M,E,E,N,N,Rest,OD,OD,OD = 10 days
- M=0700-1500, E=1500-2300, N=2300-0700
- Finish at 0700L on your 7th day of the cycle, Go home and sleep.
- Days 8,9,10 are Off Duty.
- Day 11 = Day 1 of new Cycle. M shift starting at 0700L

All rostered times between shifts are either 16hrs or 24hrs. Maybe once a month 11.5hrs for an LE Shift (see below)
Minimum time between shifts is 9hrs. This will only happen if you make a shift swap at YOUR discretion. e.g. You agree to do an Evening shift (1500-2300) before a morning shift (0700-1500) i.e. only 8 hrs between shifts. You will get either last hr off Evening shift, or first hr off Morning shift, providing 9 hrs between shifts. With good negotiation you can get both hrs off, i.e. 10 hrs between shifts. Remember this only occurs due to a shift swap at your discretion.

Late Evening (LE) Shift - ONCE per calendar month you MAY be rostered the LE shift.
- It will replace either of the E shifts in one of your standard cycles.
- Start time is 2100L (normally that day you would have started at 1500)
- You are rostered on duty until 0330L i.e. 6.5hr shift length, however...
- If the Night shift Watch starting at 2300L has it's full compliment of staff i.e. no one has called in sick or absent - you are released from duty at 2300L, therefore doing only a 2 hr shift. Go home & be happy.

Overtime - Zero. There is no provision or requirement for overtime.
You never have to stay longer than 8hrs, (unless a cyclone destroys the countrys highways and the next Watch can not make it to work due to floods.)
In cases of increased sickness when a watch is left short of staff, management will call staff on Off Duty days to VOLUNTEER to come in to work to cover the shift. You will be compensated with (two) days in leu, i.e. 2 individual days you can take off at a later date. These are hard to use up, so are not much of an incentive therefore the request is turned down by most controllers. No extra pay - ever.

Enjoy