PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accommodation up north & west
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2009, 03:19
the air up there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope there are no chicks reading this forum, especially the ones that I know.

As said, during the dry season there are enough backpackers to keep everyone happy. And the standard is reasonably high. There are some smoking hot local girls in darwin also, in fact some of the hottest and coolest chicks I know are darwin girls. Extra's are that they love camping, fishing (can throw a cast net, tie nots and bait their own hooks) and don't complain about the mud or dust.

However the same problems that blokes have elsewhere are riff up here. With so many guys to choose from the girls get overly bitchy and picky, so if you pick up on town its probably not going to be a long term thing. But who wants one.

A typical night out in darwin consists of a 75/25 ratio of guys to girls. A good night may see it actually drop down to 65/35, but not often. Also a word of warning, if you see a big grey ship in the harbour, get to the bottlo and butchers early, thats the year round indicator that it's time to have a bbq and stay home. Unless you are a cross between Zoolander, the dude from The Transporter and Bruce Lee, you won't stand a chance. Of anything except for maybe the emergency ward at RDH.

I can go on for ever about darwins night life. Some stories the guys I work with don't believe until they actually meet the people I used to run with on the town. There were some massive saturday nights that have lasted till the pin was pulled about 8pm sunday. Thank god for RDO monday.

Any other questions guys????