PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Onur Air - man june ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2009, 17:31
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any one know of an incident involving an Onur Air aircraft flying into Manchester june this year ?

Just met up with an old friend who was onboard above Onur Air flight and she said that the aircraft aborted landing and did a go around and when it did land it landed very heavy and was all over the runway ? she said that women & children on board where hysterical and that gown men where shaking in there boots ?
her exact words where" i didnt think we would make it home alive "

she is not prone to over exagerration nor is she a fantatist ....she told me that the during the flight ...there seemed to be a number of occaisions where the engines increased in power then the aircraft appeared to drop ...initially pax thought this was due to turbulence but the seatbelt signs never went on at all ?

she was so concerned by the poor state of the saircraft , lack of english spoken by the crew and the landing incident she wanted to report it but did'nt know who too ? any ideas ?
No, but I admire your creative use of such poor English to underscore the point. It must have been an extremely traumatic event to have caused her to suffer in silence for the last 3 months or more.

These days people rush to the newspapers with their cellphone photography, and tales of terror, if even so much as their bread roll is stale. It is difficult to imagine that anybody would have a hard time reporting their concerns, even if they didn't have any idea who might be the relevant authority?

Notwithstanding this supposed 3 month old event not being mentioned prior to your reunion with your friend, were there not scores of other similiarly concerned passengers with a tale to tell?