PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Shawbury close to melt down
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2009, 15:30
InTgreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackinoko,

It is important for the Mil QHI's to keep their military flying skills as current as possible. As all Mil are aware, being short toured is always a possibility, so itwould be a shame for a QHI posted to any basic sqn to return to the front line without having at least tried to keep some of the rust at bay on his more advanced flying skills!

When I referred to the Shawbury training areas, I was referring to LFA 9 as a whole really. The mil would never be able to get a better or bigger area so don't get me wrong, but the area that we do have is close to capacity. It works at the moment because of close de-confliction between the squadrons. If all instructors are surged to one sortie profile, the available area Required for that particular sortie profile would possibly not be able to cope. This would limit the benifit of having more staff available to progress the students. As I said, this is a personal theory that could be a problem with the new system, however the extra flexibility may well bring other benifits. Time will tell.