PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missed approach off a visual approach
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2009, 11:40
saintex2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, a visual approach is not a VFR procedure in my locality, neither elsewhere...but it's not really an IFR procedure...the flight is still managed under IFR rules...but don't follow the entire IFR procedure till the MAPt...where the published missed approach is due to begin...the end of the visual approach is not the MAPt, it's the runway...and there is no published missed approach for a visual approach...that's the rule, methinks...
I say again, what you decide to do going around on your own, during a visual, is up to you...and even if all pilots around the world are thinking like you...there is no MAP included in the visual approach leg...so or you do what you want, or what the ATCO said or what you asked to do before going around, there is no published action in case of going around during a visual approach in France, neither in UK, methinks...
I knew that Canada specified something in their ATM rules, as said by " Say Again, Over ", and I think, it's the only country to do so, to my knowledge...
So happy visuals, MJ...