PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with upcoming Regional Express Cadet pilot Interview
Old 19th Sep 2009, 08:21
raufo16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, i Have been silently reading this forum for sometime now but have never posted anything up untill now. I along with many people have some interest in the Rex cadet program. about 6 months ago i applied for it, did the wombats test, got an interview and a few weeks later got offered a spot in the program.

I also had many concerns with how it was possible to make capitan etc. and after many nights of no sleep i eventualy decided not to sign the contract and i declinded their offer. I am 21 yrs old now and am just about to graduate From uni with a bach of bussiness.I have some flying logged, about 50hours of flight time. And am having 2-3 lessons a week currently.

Anyway i Just wanted to tell everyone in particular krusty and a few others that you helped me make the decison, You raised some serious questions when i was very confused which when forwarding onto the rex group they could not answer to my satisafaction. After doing alot! of research about the program since i turned it down i still feel like i have done the right thing and so do many very informed people i have spoke too.

Now i have my degree and im getting my hours up and studying really hard.(And absolutlely living it)with alot of hard work and abit of luck hopefully it will all work out and i look back in 5 years and will be glad im still not locked into that very dodgey contract with rex.

P.s Wesky im also very interested on what you have heard and why you are now glad you didnt take up the job?