PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin's Airline of the Future project
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2009, 05:46
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
loved your idea of the A380 being dual branded - could imagine the barbed wire barriers on the staircase! - bit like the locked gates between steerage and the first deck on the Titantic!

overhere:
not wishing to detour the thread any further but......statements are correct - FYI:

1. just re-checked the CC's manual - L2P after opening L2 in land evac then proceeds to o'wing which hopefully has been opened by the well briefed pax -(but unless there's another aisle, L2P is moving against the pax flow evac'ing)

2. 20:16:3 is indeed listed as you state on the website - however the minutes of the project (which are not on the website) are as per my post. Provided the safety case requirement is not watered down during the CASA legal sign off of the CAAP it will be a good thing for all concerned especially CC who don't have any FRMS either.

3. Exemptions issued are applicable to 700's & 800's - this was the flawed "by type variation" provision that the new 20:16:3 reforms specifically preclude. - And as you said just about everyman and his dog with an AOC has one including QF and JQ & Co; and of course there is the disparity with foreign AOC's (real and defacto) not having to comply under current arrangements.

Mate the key thing with all this stuff is that ALL airlines are looking to squeeze more pax in & onto existing a/c types at stupidly low fares and then in turn slash wages, T&C's and put Aussie pilots and CC's out of work. - I don't believe that this philosophy is either sustainable, healthy for employment or in some cases, safe. - Future risk is that a/c manuafacturers will make it a higher design priority and stage their certification tests specifically with the objective of stuffing more people in and reducing crew.

I'm sure we all can agree it's a vicious circle.
Detour ends
AT