PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Southwest
Thread: Air Southwest
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2009, 01:07
jerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in mind that the birthday of SZ is coming up in October so perhaps something could be announced then, new aircraft and maybe new routes?
I doubt they'd announce it just because of the birthday. Do many airlines announce these sort of things on their birthday?

The fact is WOW (or SZ nowadays) have an established route network which seems to be performing OK considering the times. Would they want to compromise this by adding another aircraft (146/RJ) to their fleet; bearing in mind that said aircraft are ancient and don't have the best reliability stats on record?

I honestly don't think that introducing jet aircraft would have that big an affect on demand. Demand for the routes they serve is relatively low and due to the sector lengths are only really feasible on a more fuel-efficient prop aircraft. I also believe that any aircraft they acquire has to be compatible with PLH; they can/do face competition at every other airport they serve from bigger jets. If they stick to an a/c which can serve PLH they always have that option of consolidating their services there where they face little potential competition.

With regards to WC: Isn't this just a D-check? (Correct me if I'm wrong)