PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Shawbury close to melt down
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2009, 19:49
bluster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got onto a decent debate eventually, after some knee jerk raging from the know it alls who have never done the job, (yes I have before you ask !) good to see some well thought out arguments - got off the thread a little in places but, some good points to ponder at the sharp end - must take issue with Old beefer and his comments about Luddites being taken out of their comfort zone - come on old bean, people in glass houses etc, think how long you have been stuck in your "zone" and kicking like hell to stay there, please don't insult people who are doing a good job, when was the last time you saw the front line? if ever!! one final point standardization is a long way on now days from JP's etc they can't keep up with basic annual checks at the moment, so keeping a close eye on the 2 sqns will be a challenge.
The overriding feeling there at the moment is doom and gloom, why after so long working with the feel good factor, and getting the results they need, should all this change at the flick of a switch? People have speculated previously on this thread about change is good and a more comprehensive syllabus for both squadrons, but I learn from the VAST majority there (happy now FTH) this is not the want of the workers who will need to make this happen, but when forced box's will be ticked - a happy worker...etc
Time will tell however my money is on a spectacular failure, purely because the people who need to make it happen do not have their heart in it, military and civilian, although the military have to tow the line, behind the scenes they are well hacked off. Again I ask how can one man make such an upset in one foul move? Good luck Strawbs my how your going to need it.

Again I ask how can one man make such an upset in one foul move?
Well now I ask - - - how can you ask again in this thread when it's your first post? Since none of this is as rabid as earlier posts from a troll (who was also "from London"), I'll just watch for the moment! If I'm wrong, I've never been slow to apologise by the way!