PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair Command Take Home Pay
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2009, 14:17
airfixed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I attended the selection process in Feb this year. It was held at Alteon LGW and consisted of an intro to the company followed by a short interview and then a short SIM assessment in an A320. I think there were about 24 of us in total there.

As they do everyone on the same day there is lots of hanging around, firstly for the interview and then for the SIM. The Pilot training manager who does the SIM assessment also does the interview so that tended to slow things up. I arrived at 0930 and left aroound 1800. The only base on offer was Kiev, but of course that may have changed.

From memory the interview was not too arduous - no really deep technical questions. It was conducted by an HR person and the PTM - be prepared to answer the usual CRM questions, especially if going for DEC (PM me for more specifics if you wish). Read up on the Airbus philosophy (laws etc...) so that you have a basic understanding. I wasn't type rated so if you have the Airbus rating then I would expect more specific questions on type.

Although they send you the SIM profiles (speeds, pitch attitudes and limitations etc...), due time constraints my SIM ended up being condensed and all they were looking for was an acurate ILS, basic EFATO control, SE ILS and GA. Lasted about 20 mins!

They seem like a nice company, certainly friends who are there are reasonably happy. I understand that there have been (and maybe still are) major disagreements in the pilot management hireachy, but then what company doesn't have those issues?

Look carefully at the package and make sure it is right for you. Once on line the money is not too bad for the current climate, but whilst training (inc' LT) it is poor with no flight pay. However they were offering a free TR (with a bond), so on balance it may not be so bad - your decision!