PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 18th Sep 2009, 10:59
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't worry, thanks for taking the time to reply Tim. My programming skills couldn't even come close to what you have achieved. Regarding my suggestions such as OSGB coords and height AGL, if there are good technical reasons why they would be difficult then so be it - thanks for explaining the difficulties. None of my points are biggies (except the password issue which I'll email you about shortly).

As for the custom aircraft snags, hopefully that isn't to tricky to fix.

I had no idea that people wanted to navigate by fixed obstructions on the ground. If the prevailing opinion is that this is needed, I'll have to do some internal re-jigging of SkyAngel to make this possible. I'll await further feedback.
In the area where I did some of my early flying training two notable ground features were the Stokenchuch mast and Didcot power station. Being visble from a distance of about 50 miles on a good day, these made very popular waypoints on VFR navigation exercises. I think a lot of people would choose to use such features. At the moment I am just creating a waypoint on top of the feature, so it's no show stopper.

Keep up the good work!