PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 18th Sep 2009, 10:47
Tim Dawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque,

I had no idea that people wanted to navigate by fixed obstructions on the ground. If the prevailing opinion is that this is needed, I'll have to do some internal re-jigging of SkyAngel to make this possible. I'll await further feedback.

For the moment I can't support different coordinate systems. Maybe after the first release, if this turns out to be something many people want.

Ah, flying a leg at a height rather than an altitude. I was hoping nobody would be interested in doing this because how SkyAngel works internally is totally not geared towards this right now. I'm planning a complete vertical navigation implementaiton at some point in the future (departing from the simple set-altitude-per-route-segment I have now) and this will have to wait until then. Unfortunately.

Regarding your registration details, could you contact me via the contact link on the website at the bottom? I'll be able to forward your welcome email to you then. Oh, and file extensions haven't had to be 3 or 4 characters since 1995 I for one embrace more descriptive extensions, especially as most people don't even see them.

Feels like I've been a bit negative in this reply; unfortunately you've hit almost all the things that SkyAngel just can't currently do.