PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 18th Sep 2009, 10:37
Tim Dawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Biggles for the comprehensive feedback. The TAS, Level and Wind shown in the toolbar are global to the route being flown, but you can double-click on any route segment (either in the main map or in the route plan window) to bring up properties specific to that route segment. You can fly them all with different winds/speeds/levels or leave them as "global" which is convenient for shorter trips.

The + and - in weight and balance are for modifying an aeroplane by adding and removing loading points. Perhaps your plane has separate baggage stores, or fuel tanks with different lever arms. If you just want to modify a lever arm, select that row in the grid and then click on the lever arm text and it will become editable. I've been trying to reproduce the crash you mentioned in this editor but I haven't had any success (failure?) so could you please elaborate on how you managed this? If you want to change Front Passenger to Copilot you can just do it by editing the text. This is, after all, how you define your own aeroplane.

If the polygon is the wrong shape, you've entered the wrong weights and lever arms! Bear in mind that the weight axis on that graph is always shown in kg, whereas perhaps you've changed the general display of weight to lbs. Is that the confusion here?

You're right that saving a route plan should save any values entered in the weight & balance, and at the moment it does not.
Regarding the display of runways in the airfield information page, this is difficult. If you have a long north-south runway you're either going to have to scroll to see it all, or display it tiny. I am of course open to suggestions

Glad you're enjoying it.