PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2009, 09:43
Pat42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it really a fixed path once you decide? does anyone know if its possible to retrain later in your career? I mean theres no Areas within 3hours of me, while i know the mobility clause could put me anywhere, theres not alot to choose from if you're Area? Hence never being able to work near my home-town....Ever! .
Even if you did aero you could quite easily be sent a long way from home, NATS work at airfields the entire length of the country and from everything I've heard you really don't get a significant say in where you get sent (I believe they will ask for your preference, but its the last thing on their list of considerations when deciding where to send you). NATS make this all pretty clear before you apply, so if you're serious about the job then you have to be prepared to go anywhere they send you.

I get the impression that once you've been sent to a unit there generally isn't a lot of movement. If for some reason NATS decide to move you then of course they would retrain you... but I don't get they impression they are particularly open to you wanting to move.