PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2009, 01:15
SKOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rogdabbit:

"You don't have a choice where you go so don't worry about the money - unless thats what you're after - in which case try another job!!"

There aren't too many people out there if any, who would suggest they really enjoy their job if the remuneration is poor! For anyone to suggest they like their job so much they don't care how much they are paid is hypocrisy in my books!! Except one is doing voluntary work I suppose.

As to where you finally find yourself, I think one's preference is taken into account subject to operational needs though so there is some degree of discretion on your part in terms of choice and what you want to do and be placed - I believe that's why the HR asked Sebby if they would prefer Aero or Area.

"Basically though, you stay on a stupid scale after validation (3 years after finishing the college I believe) then you move onto the full scale, which takes up to 15 years to reach the top depending on what band you're in. The lower the band, the lower the top of the scale, the lower the money, the quicker you get there."

Your use of the word "stupid scale" suggests to me you are talking about money, right?

Can you please let me know what OJTI is?

Pat42:

I meant 'squeeky bum time' - a slang i bliv i heard watching football.