PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2009, 23:04
Rogdabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question is, in terms of career progression that could potentially lead to the over 90K that NATS talk abt at Heathrow and Swanwik, I was wondering where would be the better of the two and the sort of timeframe we are looking at to be earning that much?
You don't have a choice where you go so don't worry about the money - unless thats what you're after - in which case try another job!!

This is just another problem about banding - everyone wants to go to places because of the money. Your number one priority is to become a Controller, the rest is irrelevent

Basically though, you stay on a stupid scale after validation (3 years after finishing the college I believe) then you move onto the full scale, which takes up to 15 years to reach the top depending on what band you're in. The lower the band, the lower the top of the scale, the lower the money, the quicker you get there.

Extra cash comes in the form of OJTI after a couple of years of being valid, but again this draws in people to be OJTIs when they may not be suitable because they have a cash incentive to do it

And at the moment there's overtime

Hope this helps