PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2009, 22:15
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What amazes me is the perception that exists around the community near Belfast City airport. Comments have come in the recent past from locals and especially since Ryanair started operating in and out saying that now that large aircraft (re FR)are coming in and out etc, things are worse . The irony is that the 321 was operating for some years yet little mention of this, even though it is larger than the 738!
Taking say arrivals, A couple of years back there was a large jet roughly every 2 hours landing over head. Nowadays on top of that there around 12 extra large jets arriving. The first one can be around 0700 in the morning. Also at certain times of the day there can be 3 FR's and 1 319 within an hour and a half. Now if you are then told that FR are going to significantly increase their presence then obviously you are going to feel threatened by them. I get the feeling that you seem to keep homing in on this FR is Irish and East Belfast being 'Loyalist' that they have something against FR. I think that since their arrival MOL with the arrogance that he has shown towards the residents has certainly not placed him on their love list.