PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2009, 20:28
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With very little information currenly available, and certainly nothing as yet confirmed, my personal opinion would be this event is unrelated to an approaching aircraft.
BFS101; I would completely agree here on this comment. What amazes me is the perception that exists around the community near Belfast City airport. Comments have come in the recent past from locals and especially since Ryanair started operating in and out saying that now that large aircraft (re FR)are coming in and out etc, things are worse . The irony is that the 321 was operating for some years yet little mention of this, even though it is larger than the 738!

I am not being unsympathetic to the locals who have jet engines roaring at 0630 on the dot each day but cant help but feel that Ryanair has been singled out as the offender. I am also amazed that at this stage no source of information as to which airline or aircraft was responsible for this damage to the roof of this house.

There is also a significant amount of money being spent on the terminal buidling at the city airport. With such a level of investment it would lead one to believe that the management expect a significant growth in business soon!!

EI-BUD