PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Witnesses Saw AA 587 Explode in Flames
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2002, 23:06
TraderAl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oncemore aloft, you happy ostrich, I think even you will grant me that during war there is no "theorey" regarding a conspiracy for the very fact a war is being fought means there is a conspiracy. You will grant there is an active and to date very successfuly organization about which seems to spend a lot of time figuring out how to drop US AC? Do you?

So, I think it makes every sense to put the onus on the NSTB to prove that an attack did not exist first. The NSTB ha smade only one adament "ruling" informal or formal, which they strangely made within hours of the crash - that 587 ws not a terrorist event. Very strange, for then all grant them the cool professional view that the cause may be a year to figure out, which makes sense. But doesnt make sense for a terrorist act.

I think if I were to write two months ago that I think a great likihood exists for an al-Quedda operative to pack plastique in his shoe and try to light it with a match so he coudl blow a hole in the AC, you would disdainfully call this one more pathetic spiel from a conspiracy nut.

Second, you are inadvertenly insulting the "victims" of the WTC of who many would be known by both key eyewitnesses, and who lived in the Rockaway section of town. Ironic as that may be once w look back at history.

Third, you are insulting the professionalism of the key eyewitnesses, who have made a trade of providing accurate eyewitness reporting of crisis and crime. Thank God the judge on the mumerous court cases the cop has had to testify were not so dismissive. Thank God the fireman actually had good eye acuity in regards to how he approached burning buildings, most I imagine with worse light conditions than the morning of 587.

Fourth, 587 was not 20 plus miles at sea, during dusk, and with various thermoclines that can play havoc with sound. I think the speed of light versus the speed of sound is not a major factor in this case. In anycase the light was early morning bright, they were looking with the sun to either their side or behind, and the dispute isnt whether a loud bang was heard or not, but the order of visually sighted occurances.

The examination of the aft fuel tank is interesting, starting to show some consideration of senior professionals in the "crisis trade", the fireman and cop. But there sems to be no burn marks in the area, so scratch that one.

In all, while 587 may very likely not be a war act, it does seem to be that your attitude reflects many professional's attitude in many areas which in turn reflects, perhaps a laudable desire for halycon days, but is in reality a pathetic denial of reality to the extent that this collective attitude likely got us into this mess to begin with. I do hope you "merely" fly a plane and do not work at the CIA, the FBI, or other services which are supposidly protecting us at this moment.